Translate

25 February 2013

Packing: Applied Tetris Expert Level

The thing about backpacking, is that you have one backpack (granted you get to chose the size) but that is it. You fill the backpack and that is all you can take for however long you need (in this case 5 weeks). In my case I also had to be ready to experience temperatures around zero up to eighty degrees. Fun times.


My Bags
Packing was an experience so trying at times that I must admit I forgot to take pictures of the process and end result. Looking through my pictures I actually have surprisingly few pictures of my bag and most of them are just of the straps. Sorry.

My suggestion for backpacking follows what I've read from many sources, pack what you think you need, then take out half. Its really easy to do laundry as you go. Even if your hostel doesn't have a washing machine its easier to laundry in a sink then you think. Believe me you don't want to have to carry all the weight and the stress of checking your bag for flights can be too much.

I highly recommend checking out this website before heading off. It helped me a lot, even if I didn't follow all of their advice I now know from experience I should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment