Translate

03 November 2014

My Whirlwind Introduction to Travel Blogging

I recently wrote about my decision to pursue travel blogging. I'll continue teaching English and writing this blog but some things will change with the content and less of my life will be in it. Of course it will still be me and my voice throughout the articles but I will focus more on the story of the places and the people I meet.

The first step in this change was attending TBEX (travel blogging conference) in Athens Greece. I'd say the stars lined up for me fairly well as the conference fit perfectly into October break from my teaching job. I have to say it was far beyond my expectations.

At the conference I was able to meet loads of wonderful people who are doing exactly what I want to do. Plus we all have the same interest in the world. It's great being able to talk about the awe of travel.

In addition to my experiences at the conference, the City of Athens truly opened it's doors to my fellow TBEXers and I. We were given passes to explore amazing ancient ruins as well as some amazing parties showcasing the beauty of Greece. Be on the lookout for my detailed posts about Athens coming up this week.

Beyond that, in the next few weeks I'm going to try to put everything I've learned into re-building this blog into a better blog. I hope on the other side everyone enjoys the new better That Time I Moved To...

No comments:

Post a Comment