Translate

07 December 2012

Happy Late Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving in China was much more difficult than I expected. I'm used to large family gatherings at my Aunt's house, not teaching three classes. Luckily I have some awesome friends that made being away from home much easier.

In the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving I got to teach all students about it, we even made hand turkeys! That's what they are all holding in the pictures!






It was fun being able to share my favorite holiday with people who had never experienced it before.

However the part that really made my Thanksgiving was being able to spend it with some great friends. As Thanksgiving is not a holiday in China we all had to work, so we had two Thanksgivings. The first one on Thanksgiving its self we went out to eat, the second the Sunday after Thanksgiving we cooked!


Western food on Thanksgiving!
Homemade Thanksgiving Baoding Style
This Thanksgiving I was thankful for the amazing group of friends I have here. Although I might not be able to spend my holidays with my blood family, I get to spend my holidays with my China family :-)


Happy Thanksgiving from China!

No comments:

Post a Comment